The Rowe Family Top 10 of 2011
1. Beckett Finlay Rowe, born 10 January 2011!!! He was the perfect addition to our family, and keeps us all on our toes (and somewhat sleep deprived) daily. We are amazed and as he grows and develops. His smiles, laughs, crawls, cruises, and snuggles make us forget how busy & tired we really are!
2. Missing our angel Jordan every single day. It’s been difficult this school year to imagine that, in a different set of circumstances, Jordan would be a Kindergartener, also in Spanish Immersion like big sister Avery.
3. Moving to our own little piece of heaven… “The Rowes’ Red Balloon Ranch” (because all properties big or small need a name!). We’re still unpacking and settling in, but are looking forward to all the wonderful things there are to do on a 4-acre “farm.”
4. Marveling at Avery’s development as a Spanish speaker. Her Spanish Immersion school is just such a blessing. We feel so privileged and lucky to have been in the right place at the right time so she could take advantage of such a wonderful program.
5. Treasuring Birkeley’s toddler speak & turn-of-phrase. My goodness some of the things that boy says! He melts our hearts, and tickles our funny bones. And there’s never a shortage of words for him. Or energy! It helps make up for his stubborn “terrible two” tantrums….
6. Summer camping in central Oregon. Young children have made it difficult to camp in the last few years, but we did finally manage a few long weekends this past summer, just us, the kids, a couple of tents, and a trailer loaded with gear….
7. Watching Avery bloom as a soccer player and a skier. She definitely has a passion for both. We’re excited for Birkeley to start playing soccer & skiing, just like his big sis, and so is he!
8. Visiting with family & friends near and far. Nana Noma is right here in town & even hosted Avery’s first Halloween party! Grandma Linda & Grandpa Earl are just a car-ride away in B.C., so we get to see them at least every other month, if not more. We’ve had a couple of visits with Grandma Kay, uncle Jon Paul, & aunt Jessica this year, and aunt Jill & cousin Soren were able to stay for part of the summer, giving the cousins plenty of time to play together. In October uncle Bryan made it out from Ontario for a nice long weekend visit, too!
9. Our new cat crew: 7-year-old Caboose, a male, who has become the pseudo-mommy of our two kittens, Toopy & Binoo, who are amazing mousers. If only they wouldn’t bring the mice into the house to play with and eat them…. Birkeley drags them all over the house, all day long, and Beckett likes to use their tails for teething toys. Run, kitties, run!
10. As usual we have been BUSY! Devon continues his work as a Manager at Environ (13 years in April!), and earned his License in Hydrogeology in July. Leslie worked part time for most of the year at Landau Associates (off & on now for 9 years), and still enjoys a day or two off each week from infant & toddler play to use her “adult” brain. Between work, kids, “the ranch,” and all our activities life feels like a whirlwind sometimes. But busy is how we do it best!
We are looking forward to an exciting 2012 to come, and hope you are too!